Medical Office Assistant
Promotes and practices prompt and courteous customer service at all times. Collects and enters patient information into appropriate electronic ordering system.
Essential duties and responsibilities:
- Greet all visitors, clients, and patients in a welcoming and efficient manner, addressing service issues promptly. Answers telephone inquiries in the same welcoming manner. Coordinates patient workflow with the on-site phlebotomy team.
- Collect patient demographics information, client and billing information, completing requisitions per department standards.
- Log requisitions into computer systems when applicable.
- Operate departmental equipment, including but limited to, paging system, pneumatic tube system, centrifuges and printers.
- Assist with regular inventory checks and stocks work areas as needed.
- Assist in training of new employees.
- Rapidly assist to TIQ requests from Processing.
- Perform all duties and responsibilities in a courteous and efficient manner, demonstrating positive customer service principles to clients at all times.
- Follow regulatory requirements, corporate integrity standards and all departmental and company policies and procedures, including infection control and biohazard waste disposal.
- Follow all compliance procedures and policies, assisting the Compliance Officer with audits on a monthly basis.
- Assist the Site Coordinator with the any monthly report.
- Perform other duties and job assignments as requested.
- Must be a high school graduate or equivalent
- Patient Service Center employees must have reliable transportation, valid driver’s license, and cleaning driving record. Must maintain auto liability insurance in accordance with state law as well as meet and maintain the corporate insurance carrier’s auto liability standards.
- Computer skills – must meet a typing requirement of 30 words per minute with 0-5 errors.
Safety demands and requirements:
- Will have exposure to biohazard substances and hazardous chemicals
- Be familiar with and adhere to safety, ergonomic and health policies of the Company.
- Comply with all PPE requirements when in the laboratory or other biohazard areas.
- Complete required safety training and health evaluations in a timely manner.
- Anticipate safety hazards, act upon unsafe situations and promote safety awareness.
- Ability to clear drug screen and background check.
- This is a no tobacco campus
Why Work with Prestige Technical Services
Local offices and local recruiters
Family owned business that values its employees and puts them first
Your recruiter at Prestige will walk you through each step of the hiring process
Your recruiter will stay in open communication with you before and during the assignment
Prestige offers the highest pay to clinicians and contract Nurses, direct deposit
Paid PTO, Vacation and Holidays
About Prestige Technical Services
Celebrating 30 years in business, we recruit top-notch talent for Fortune 500, mid-size, and smaller companies coast-to-coast across the US. Prestige Technical Services is a staffing/recruiting vendor of choice for hundreds of employers and offers staffing and recruiting solutions in the Healthcare, Science, Manufacturing, Engineering and Professional business fields. www.prestigetechnical.com or call 513.779.6800